Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Fifty Years of UFO Research and Study - A Summary

Readers of my blog har noticed there are no blog entries after August 2020. The reason, as I have explained on FaceBook, is various health problems which have reduced my working capacity. From now on I will only write blog articles if something of special interest comes up.

In 2015 I presented a position statement, a summary of my research and theories. So much new data have come up since then that I find it relevant to update my position statement, making it easier for new readers to get an overview of my writings with easy to find links.


Paradigm, worldview, working hypothesis

In many blog posts I have asserted that accepting, as a working hypothesis, the reality of a multiverse as presented in the Esoteric Tradition does not imply irrationalism or a loss of intellectual integrity. Like Hynek and Vallee I see no problem in having one foot in empirical science and one foot in esotericism. In Forbidden Science, vol I, Jacques Vallee expound his view on this problem: ”To me there is indeed a fundamental reality of hermetic science…Everyone must find his or her own expression of it. The spiritual path I have chosen is that of intelligence tempered by the fire of love, but always applied to accessible, solid, consistent, calibrated facts.” (p. 82). This is esoteric philosophy, an aspiration towards the good, the true, and the beautiful.



In the follwing blog entries you will find my empirical, intellectual and philosophical reasons for adopting Esotericism or the Science of the Multiverse as a tenable paradigm.

Esotericism and the Intellectual Humanist

Esotericism and Intellectual Integrity

Esotericism, Ufology and the Academy

Esotericism and the Critical UFO Investigator

Humanism, Skepticism, Esotericism

Paranormal Phenomena and the Paradigm Problem

The Esoteric Intervention Theory
Based on both empirical evidence and Esotericism as a paradigm I have advanced the theory that some of the physical UFO contactees of the 1950s were involved in a cultural and psychological influence test. An experiment implemented by a group of highly andvanced, benevolent aliens, earth based or extraterrestrial, a group with access to “vimana” technology.



In the following blog entries you will find studies of some of the first generation contactees and authors in the light of the Esoteric Tradition.

Daniel Fry and the Esoteric Intervention Theory

From Outer Space To You

The UFO Contacts of Trevor James Constable

Orfeo Angelucci and the Esoteric Tradition

Who Was Paul M. Vest

The UFO Contactee No One Investigated

Millen Cooke, UFOs and the Esoteric Tradition

Dorris Van Tassel – A Contactee in the Background

Rosemary Decker – Silent Contactee




I find it intellectually untenable to defend a materialist, reductionist or physicalist worldview. There are two basic reasons. The enigma of consciousness and the enormous amount of well documented paranormal phenomena, including UFO phenomena. Facts clearly indicating that reality is larger than what we presently know and can scientifically verify. Hopefully the new generation of ufologists will keep the torch of research burning, searching and investigating these profund mysteries. But they will have to be heretics and intellectual non-conformists and dare to knock on the door of Forbidden Science. Adhering to the motto of my old mentor Riley Crabb: ”If I have one goal in life it is an uncompromising search for Truth, whatever that might be, and wherever it may lead.”