Friday, July 26, 2019

Andreas Cromnow - artist and UFO Witness

In Sweden we have several very talented artists who have devoted part of their work; paintings, drawings and digital illustrations to the UFO enigma. I have always been fascinated by UFO iconography which is one reason visitors to AFU will find many of the walls in our different premices covered with paintings and posters. On July 24 my wife Margaretha and I was visited by one of these talented artists, Andreas Crownow, living not far from our home in Örebro. Andreas fascination with UFOs and astronomy was partly inspired by a close encounter when he was nine years old.

Andreas illustration of his UFO sighting 1981

In a email July 26 he related his encounter which occurred In February 1981. Andreas was then living with his parents at Burkarls väg 3 in Borlänge, Sweden. 

”When I was nine years old I had a UFO observation or rather I saw something I could not understand at that time. I didn´t even know what a UFO was and had never pondered on visitors from other worlds and things like that. It happened in February 1981. I don´t remember the exact date but my birthday had recently been celebrated and I am born on February 4, 1974.

Andreas Cromnow

It was evening, bedtime and I stood upstairs in our house brushing my teeth. Through the window in our bathroom I noticed a luminous, elongated object, possibly triangular coming slowly gliding in the sky, right above the trees. The object is moving very slow, stop a few seconds and then continue to glide. I noticed two steady lights in the middle and at the edges of the craft was also some unknown light source. My first thought was that it was a helicopter but later I realized that was impossible. It apperared rather close and there was no noice. The only thing I can think of is some form of dirigible but I find that inconceivable. Why would a dirible be moving here is an ordinary residential area on a cold February evening?

Illustration by Andreas Cromnow


The craft continou gliding to the right coming closer to our house and then disappears in the dark of the night. What I found difficult to understand was the total lack of sound. I have many times tried to understand what I saw. Maybe it was a craft from another world? Personally I believe some UFOs could be time machines. Who knows what types of craft mankind can create in 600 hundred years. It is like bringing a Galaxy Samsung to the eighteeth century. The people living then would not be able to comprehend it. That telephone would be something heavenly, frightening and fantastic, impossible to explain – like a UFO. So if some UFOs are time machines I hope they appear in our world for the good of humanity.”

Illustration by Andras Cromnow

Andreas is today very interested in UFO and space research and an avid readers of books on mysteries of all kinds. He is also helping UFO-Sweden with illustations to our magazine UFO-Aktuellt.

Let me also give a few examples of other UFO illustrations made by various Swedish artists. We sure have many talented illustrators in Sweden.


Eugen Semitjov

Dezsö Sternoczy

Max Magnus Norman

Tobias Lindgren